Ever thought that there just isn’t time in the day to exercise? Ever felt that you’re just too tired or comfortable at home to go to the gym? I can relate. That’s why many years ago I invested in a few key things – exercise bands and free weights – and decided to fit in (just a few minutes at first) some strength training during t.v. time! So, what better way than to try it during commercial breaks?
Or, if you are like most people these days and have it PVR’d, try getting a timer and just doing 3, 5-minute intervals of exercises while your show is on? If you really want to start small, set an even easier goal for yourself, one that you are sure to accomplish.
Easy things to do?
1. Wall squats: Back against the wall, lower yourself to 90° hold for as long as you can, rest. Do this 5 -10 times. Make sure you back is tight against the wall. Bend your knees so they are at a 90 degree angle over your ankles. Weight should be focused on your heels.
2. Butt squeezes. Stand up, squeeze your butt cheeks together as hard as you can for 10 seconds, rest for 5, squeeze for 10. Repeat 10 times.
3. Skipping. Grab a skipping rope ($ store) and skip for 30 sec. Rest, repeat 10 times.
4. Wide-legged squat. (I know I’m a bit obsessed with the squat, but for good reason…..it’s an awesome way to keep that butt toned). Hold squat for 10 sec., stand up, rest for 10 sec., repeat 10 times.
5. Grab a band and try these:
Do 10 reps of each of these: easy bicep curl, harder bicep curl (more tension on band), shoulder press, triceps extension (10 on each arm). Do 2 sets of these.
That’s it! Try one or all of these today!
I’d love some feedback to know what you’d like to hear about!
Your Simply Susan motivational tip of the day!